Subject: [Depfis] encuesta mujeres en la fisica

From: Silvina Ponce Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 08:21:57 -0300 (ART)

Hola a todos
Aca les envio un mensaje sobre una nueva encuesta organizada
por la IUPAP para analizar la situacion de las mujeres fisicas. Las 
mujeres que esten interesadas en participar, por favor sigan los pasos que 
se describen en el mensaje que incluyo aca.
Saludos
Silvina

-- 
Silvina Ponce Dawson
Departamento de Fisica, FCEN-UBA
Ciudad Universitaria, Pabellon I
(1428) Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone: (54-11) 4576 3353
Fax: (54-11) 4576 3357

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 20:29:18 -0300
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: survey

**************************************************

Dear Colleague:

We are writing to request your participation in a survey of women in
physics.  In conjunction with the Second International Conference on Women
in Physics, the Statistical Research Center of the American Institute of
Physics is conducting a second survey of women in physics.

Please click on this link to go to the survey
http://www.aip.org/statistics/women .  You will be redirected to our
secure server.  Your answers will be anonymous and will not be traceable
to you.  All identifying information will be removed from your answers.

We also conducted a survey before the first conference, and more than 1000
women in 55 different countries answered the questionnaire.  The results
of the survey were published in the conference proceedings, and the report
can be viewed at http://www.aip.org/statistics/trends/reports/iupap.pdf .
We hope to have many respondents to this second survey and will publish
our findings in the new conference proceedings.

If you know of any women in physics who would be willing to answer this
survey, please forward this message to them.  It is not necessary to
attend the conference in order to answer the questionnaire.

Thank you for your help with this effort to reach many women physicists
across the world.  If you have any questions, you may contact Rachel Ivie
of the American Institute of Physics, [email-masked].