Subject: [Depfis] Puesto en Matematica Aplicada

From: "Cristina H. Mandrini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:14:08 -0300 (ART)

Postdoctoral Research Associate

Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Sheffield, UK

Ref:	PR2202	Closing Date:	05/09/2005
Salary:	£19,460 - £22,507 per annum	Grade:	RIA

The post holder will be required to undertake research in local 
helioseismology.  The post holder must have a PhD in applied mathematics, 
solar physics, astrophysics or similar area and will have demonstrated the 
ability to write numerical code to solve coupled boundary value partial 
differential equations. The ability to carry out calculations 
(e.g. Green’s functions, Fourier transforms etc.) and familiarity 
with MHD, scattering processes and helioseismology is also desirable. This 
post is available from 1 October 2005 (or soon thereafter) for a period of 
up to 30 months.

Enquiries to  Dr. Rekha Jain [email-masked]
or Prof. M. J. Thompson  [email-masked]

Full details/application packs:
www.shef.ac.uk/jobs/jobs_all.html
Email: [email-masked]
Tel. 24 hr Recruitment Line: (0114) 222 1631

An application form MUST be completed if you wish to be considered for this 
post. 

Please quote reference PR2202.