Subject: [Depfis] 1st Announcement of 3rd El Leoncito School of Solar Physics

From: "Maria L. Luoni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 16:51:12 -0300 (ART)

1st. Circular:

	As part of the German-Argentinean agreement of scientific 
cooperation, a third instance of the El Leoncito School of Solar 
Physics will take place this year at the installations of the 
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Físicas y Naturale and the 
Estación Astronómica Carlos U. Cecos. The Station belongs to the 
Observatorio Astronómico Félix Aguil (OAFA) and is locatedn
the western side of the argentinean Precordillera de los Andes at 2400 m 
altitude in the province of San Juan, Argentina. In the framework of the 
agreement two modern ground-based solar instruments, i.e., the so-called 
HASTA (H-alpha Solar Telescope for Argentina) and MICA (Mirror Coronagraph 
for Argentina) continuously observe our Star, the Sun, providing exciting 
data to the scientific community. Therefore, jointly with the very well 
equipped facilities and friendly staff, this remote and peaceful place 
will be the ideal venue to hold the School, between the 28th of November 
and the 5th of December, 2005, full-time.

In this opportunity, the School is organized by the Observatorio 
Astronómico Félix Aguil (OAFA) as a part of thFacultad de 
Ciencias Exactas, Físicas y Naturale (FCEFN), National University of 
San Juan (UNSJ).

The School welcomes a maximum of 20 undergraduate students in Physics or 
Astronomy. As some lectures will be held in English and the rest in 
Spanish, we expect students with good understanding of both English and 
Spanish (oral and written). Lectures will be delivered during mornings and 
afternoons. Joint exercises with tutors, as well as use of the solar 
instruments at the Observatory and data reduction are scheduled as part of 
the activities. Students who already working in related fields to that of 
the School are strongly encourage bringing and presenting their work as 
poster. Time will be made available to discuss them during the School.

Those students interested in attending the 3rd Solar Physics School must 
fill and send a Registration Form. That form includes a brief curriculum 
information, a certificate with the undergraduate marks, a short summary 
of their interests and a Letter of Reference from their thesis advisor, or 
Head of Department, to the address shown below. The form must reach OAFA 
by October 10th. Selected candidates will be informed by October 20th.

The registration fee is $50 (national argentine currency). It will provide 
support for living expenses (full pension) during 2 days at El Leoncito 
and travels San Juan/El Leoncito. The living expenses in San Juan city are 
not covered.   Domestic travel expenses also are not covered. 
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any travel support or living 
expenses in San Juan city for Foreign Students.

Contact:
Dr. José Ignacio Castro
[email-masked]
Ing. Carlos Francile
[email-masked]
  
More information: www.oafa.fcefn.unsj-cuim.edu.ar/ELS_2005.htm
Cordially,

                          Maria Luisa Luoni 
                          [email-masked]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
  |Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our | 
  |sense experience correspond to a logically uniform system of| 
  |thought.               A. EINSTEIN(1879-1955)               |
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~  
Maria Luisa Luoni               [email-masked]
Grupo de Fisica Solar
INSTITUTO de ASTRONOMIA y FISICA del ESPACIO (I.A.F.E.)
C.C.67, Suc. 28 - C.P. 1426 - Buenos Aires - ARGENTINA
---------------------------------------------------------------------