Subject: [Depfis] Postdoctoral Position in Laser Spectroscopy (fwd)

From: Horacio Grinberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 12:33:49 -0300 (ART)

Hola a todos:
Por si alguien esta interesado aqui reenvio un mensaje ofreciendo una 
posicion postdoc para trabajar en espectroscopia laser con aplicaciones en
semiconductores y astrofisica.
Saludos,
Horacio Grinberg

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:12:53 -0400
From: Dennis J. Clouthier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Postdoctoral Position in Laser Spectroscopy

Postdoctoral Position in Laser Spectroscopy and Chemical Physics

A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Dennis
Clouthier at the University of Kentucky.  The research involves laser
spectroscopic studies of reactive intermediates containing main group
elements (C, Si, Ge, Sn, B, P etc.) with particular emphasis on those that
are of importance in semiconductor growth processes and astrophysics.   We
have also recently begun investigations of the spectra of molecular
ions.  The transient species are produced by laser ablation or electric
discharge and are studied in the gas phase in free jet
expansions.  Laser-induced fluorescence, resonance enhanced multi-photon
ionization, stimulated emission pumping, wavelength resolved fluorescence,
fluorescence lifetime and quantum beat spectroscopies are used to detect
and characterize the molecules and free radicals of interest.  We also use
a variety of quantum chemical methods to predict molecular structures and
spectroscopic parameters as an aid to the experimental studies.  National
Science Foundation funding for this work has recently been renewed for a
period of three years.

The University of Kentucky is in Lexington, KY, a small city of 300,000
people situated in the beautiful bluegrass region of Kentucky.  Affordable
furnished housing, which includes all utilities, cable television, and
internet connections at no extra charge, is available on campus.

Well-qualified individuals with experience in experimental gas-phase laser
spectroscopy and chemical physics are invited to apply by sending an email
message to Dennis Clouthier  ([email-masked]) with details about their
background and research interests.

***********************************************************
Dr. Dennis J. Clouthier (Pronounced  Clue-chay)
Professor of Chemistry
Department of Chemistry
University of Kentucky
513 Rose Street
Lexington, KY 40506-0055
Tel.: (859)-257-1790
Fax: (859)-323-1069
Email: [email-masked]
http://www.chem.uky.edu/research/clouthier
************************************************************

To join or leave the molecular-dynamics-news email list, go to:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/molecular-dynamics-news.html