Subject: [Depfis] Conferencia LASSPIA

From: Silvina Ponce Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:53:09 -0300 (ART)

Dear Colleagues

The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) and 
the Complex Fluids group of the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do 
Sul (UFRGS) are organizing the second Latin American School and Conference 
on "Statistical Physics and Interdisciplinary Applications" (LASSPIA) in 
the dates of February  5 - 13 and 14 - 15, respectively. These activities, 
co-sponsored by ICTP and CNPq, will focus on recent progresses of fundamental 
statistical physics of complex systems and some interdisciplinary applications.
In this wide field the school will provide a didactical introduction to the 
following topics: 

    Glassy and Granular Systems, Charged Polymers, Biological Physics,
    Algorithms, Networks and Game Theory 

The Conference will focus on the most recent advances in these topics and 
will include invited talks as well as a certain number of contributed talks 
and poster session. 

For more information and registration check at the webpage:

http://www.if.ufrgs.br/lasspia/

email: [email-masked]

Jeferson Arenzon
Marcia Barbosa
Daniel Stariolo