Subject: [Depfis] NEUROMATH 06 - Mathematical Neuroscience Conference

From: Silvina Ponce Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:27:17 -0300 (ART)

=============================================================================

Dear Colleague,

We wish to invite you to participate in NeuroMath06
(http://www.crm.es/Conferences/0607/Neuroscience/Neuroscience.html), the
Mathematical Neuroscience conference (NeuroMath06) to be held September 1
- 4, 2006 in Andorra (a wonderful little country in the Pyrenees). This
conference is a satellite meeting of the International Congress of
Mathematicians (http://www.icm2006.org).

The goal of the meeting is to analyze the current state of research in
Mathematical Neuroscience. We intend it to be a forum for discussing
current challenges and hot topics in the field including advances in
mathematical approaches to brain modeling and new mathematical problems
suggested by recent experiments. An additional goal of the meeting is to
bring together mathematicians already active in neuroscience research with
those interested in becoming familiar with this field.

The tentative list of speakers can be found in
http://www.crm.es/Conferences/0607/Neuroscience/listofspeakers.htm

The deadline for abstract submission for the poster session is May 15,
2006. Abstracts should not exceed 500 words.

The conference is organized by the Centre de Recerca MatemÃ tica
(http://www.crm.es) and the University of Andorra (http://www.uda.ad) and
is supported by the NEST program "Shaping new directions in Mathematics
for Science and Society" of the UE.

The CRM offers a limited number of grants for registration fee and/or
accommodation addressed to young researchers. The deadline for application
will be May 15, 2006. Resolutions will be sent not latter than May 31,
2006.

        The members of the Scientific Committe.

David Terman (Chair),
Antoni Guillamon (Co-ordinator),
Albert Compte,
Horacio G. Rotstein.