Subject: [Depfis] Statistical Physics and Interdisciplinary Applications

From: Silvina Ponce Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 12:21:17 -0300 (ART)

Second Latin American School and Conference in 
        Statistical Physics and Interdisciplinary Applications  (LASSPIA)
                 Bento Goncalves (Brazil), February 5 to 15, 2007

   The Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) and the 
Complex  Fluids group of the Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) 
are organizing the second Latin American School and Conference on "Statistical 
Physics  and  Interdisciplinary Applications" (LASSPIA) in the dates of 5 - 13 
February   and   14  -  15   February  2007,   respectively. These activities, 
co-sponsored by ICTP and CNPq, will focus on recent progresses  of fundamental 
statistical physics of complex systems and some interdisciplinary applications.
In this wide field the school will provide a didactical  introduction  to  the 
following topics: 

     Glassy Systems,
     Charged Polymers,
     Biological Physics,
     Algorithms, 
     Networks and Game Theory 

The Conference will focus on the most recent advances in  these  topics  and 
will include invited talks as well as a certain number of contributed  talks 
and poster session.  

For details and registration look at: 

                      http://www.if.ufrgs.br/lasspia/

email contact: [email-masked]

Jeferson Arenzon, Marcia Barbosa and Daniel Stariolo