Subject: [Depfis] Coloquios post-RIARCHE: Lunes 2 de Octubre, 14 a 16 horas.

From: Sergio Dasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:38:58 -0300 (ART)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 18:27:54 -0300 (ART)
From: Liliana Opradolce <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sergio Dasso <[email-masked]>
Subject: [IAFE] Coloquios post-RIARCHE: Lunes 2 de Octubre, 14 a 16 horas.

       ____________________________________________________________________
                           COLOQUIOS EN EL IAFE
          Instituto de Astronomía y Física del Espacio (CONICET-UBA)
       _____________________________________________________________________
                    Lunes 2 de octubre/06, 14 a 15 hs
              Aula del Edificio IAFE - Ciudad Universitaria

              "Time-Dependent 3D Densities and Temperatures"

                            Dr. Richard A. Frazin,
                  University of Illinois (Champaign-IL, USA)

Improving our understanding of the mechanisms that energize the solar
  wind and heat structures in the solar corona require the development
  of empirical methods that can determine the 3D temperature and density
  distribution with as much spatial and temporal resolution as possible.
  This talk reviews the solar rotational tomography (SRT) methods that
  will be used for 3D reconstruction of the solar corona from data
  obtained by the next generation of space-based missions such as the
  Solar and Terrestrial Relations Observatory (STEREO), Solar-B and the
  Solar Dynamics Observatory (SDO). In the next decade SRT will undergo
  rapid advancement on several frontiers of 3D image reconstruction:
     1. Electron density reconstruction from white-light coronagraph images
     2. Differential emission measure (DEM) reconstruction from EUV images
     3. Dual-spacecraft (STEREO) observing geometry
     4. Fusion of data from multiple spacecraft with differing instrumentation
     5. Time-dependent estimation methods
  Although the principles described apply to many different wavelength
  regimes, this talk concentrates on white-light and EUV data. Previous
  work on all of these subjects is reviewed, and major technical issues
  and future directions are discussed.

               ------------------------------------------------
                    Lunes 2 de octubre/06, 15 a 16 hs
             Aula del Edificio IAFE - Ciudad Universitaria

"Ondas de Alfvèn de amplitud finita: aspectos no-lineales y teoría cinética"

                  Dr. Jaime  Andrés Araneda Sepúlveda
            Facultad de Ciencias Físicas y Matemáticas,
     Departamento de Física, Universidad de Concepción (Concepción, Chile)

  En el estudio microscópico de inestabilidades en plasmas, es decir
  mediante la teoría cinética, se supone usualmente que el estado en
  equilibrio entorno al cual se lleva a cabo la perturbación no contiene
  fluctuaciones en los campos electromagnéticos. Sin embargo,
  inestabilidades lineales de interés espacial, tales como la "ion-beam
  instability" son afectadas por las ondas electromagnéticas generadas por
  la relajación de un estado anisotrópico T_perp diferente de T_par  para
  la población principal de protones. Asimismo, un estado en equilibrio
  que contiene una onda ion-ciclotrón circularmente polarizada también
  exhibe inestabilidades que difieren cuando ésta no está presente en
  dicho estado. Mediante análisis de las relaciones de dispersión y
  simulaciones con partículas de algunos casos de interés se mostraran
  los efectos que resultan de utilizar un estado en equilibrio
  con o sin fluctuaciones.

              ------------------------------------------------

-- 
________________________________________________________________________
Liliana Opradolce          Tel: (54-11) 4789-0179 ( extensión 219)
                            Fax: (54-11) 4786-8114

Instituto de Astronomía y Física del Espacio
CC 67 - Suc 28 (1428) Capital, Argentina
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________________________________