Subject: [Depfis] Preliminary announcement IV QGSC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 14:54:57 -0300 (ART)

Preliminary announcement

QUANTUM GRAVITY IN THE SOUTHERN CONE IV

October 22-25 2007

The fourth meeting in the series Quantum Gravity in the Southern Cone will
be held at Punta del Este, Uruguay. Previous meetings in the
series took place in Valdivia, Chile in 2002, Bariloche, Argentina in 1998
and Punta del Este, Uruguay in 1996. The purpose of the meeting is to
bring together world specialists on quantum gravity, geometry and field
theory with scientists and students from the southern region of Latin
America.

There will be a series of invited lectures and a few short
communications by the participants, with ample time for discussions. A
preliminary list of speakers includes

Abhay Ashtekar (PennState),
David Berenstein (UC Santa Barbara),
Martin Bojowald (PennState),
Laurent Freidel (Perimeter Institute),
Juan Maldacena (IAS Princeton),
David Mattingly (UC Davis),
Hermann Nicolai (Albert Einstein Institute),
Rafael Porto (Carnegie Mellon),
Lee Smolin (Perimeter Institute),
Marcus Spradlin (Brown),
Andrew Strominger (Harvard),
Thomas Thiemann (Albert Einstein Institute)

International Organizing Committee:

Rodolfo Gambini (Montevideo), Carmen Núñez (Buenos Aires),
Jorge Pullin (Louisiana State), Victor Rivelles (Sao Paulo),
Jorge Zanelli (Valdivia).

Local organizers: Rodolfo Gambini (Chair), P. Mora, M. Reisenberger, S.
Torterolo, M. Campiglia, G. Aniano, M. Ponce

Web page: http://qgsciv.fisica.edu.uy Contact e-mail: [email-masked]

The meeting is sponsored by the University of the Republic (Uruguay), The
National Science Foundation (US), the Albert Einstein Institute (Germany),
Perimeter Institute (Canada), Hearne Institute (US),
International Center for Theoretical Physics Trieste (Italy), Latin
American Center for Physics.

A first circular and call for contributed abstracts and registration will
be coming out in mid-April.