Subject: [Depfis] Workshop de Caos Cuantico

From: Leonardo Ermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:57:41 -0300

Por la presente invitamos a todos a participar de las charlas que se
dictaran en el congreso de Caos Cuantico "Quantum Chaos: theory and
applications" que se realizara desde el 12-03-2007 al 16-03-2007 en el
Laboratorio TANDAR del Centro Atomico Constituyentes.
Saludos,

Los organizadores.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                       Workshop de Caos Cuántico

                         12 al 16 de marzo 2007

                 Quantum Chaos: theory and applications

  Laboratorio TANDAR – Centro Atómico Constituyentes – CNEA – Bs. As.

Recent years have seen the consolidation of several areas of research in
quantum physics where quantum chaos becomes relevant. Among them we can
mention quantum computation and information, mesoscopic systems, quantum
transport phenomena, and quantum open systems. Both, theory and
applications are at a development stage where interaction among people
working in these topics becomes of the utmost relevance. This workshop
aims at creating the framework for developing new collaborations among
the participants and enhancing existent ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tandar.cnea.gov.ar/grupos/QCG/Workshop2007/workshop.html

Organizers:

Marcos Saraceno       (Tandar, CNEA, Buenos Aires)
Raul Vallejos         (CBPF, Rio de Janeiro)
Alejandro Monastra    (Tandar, CNEA, Buenos Aires)
Gabriel Carlo         (Tandar, CNEA, Buenos Aires)
Leonardo Ermann       (Tandar, CNEA, Buenos Aires)

Agenda:

Monday 12

10:00 – 10:30 Arrival and registration

10:30 – 11:00 Frenkel-Kontorova model with cold trapped ions.
Ignacio García Mata - (Univ. Sabatier)

11:00 – 11:30 Decoherence in many-spin systems: a quick view of the NMR 
contribution from our group.
Patricia Levstein - (Univ. Nac. Córdoba)

11:30 – 12:00 coffee break

12:00 – 12:30 Towards a time-reversal mirror for quantum systems.
Horacio Pastawski - (Univ. Nac. Córdoba)

12:30 – 13:00 Random matrix theory of decoherence and fidelity decay.
Thomas Seligman - (Instituto Cis. Fisicas, Cuernavaca) 

13:00 – 15:00 lunch

15:00 Work Sessions

Tuesday 13

10:00 – 10:30 Resolving the spectral form factor in phase space.
Thomas Dittrich - (Univ. Nacional, Bogotá)

10:30 – 11:00 Semiclassical expansion of parametric correlation
functions of the quantum time delay.
Martin Sieber - (University of Bristol)

11:00 – 11:30 coffee break

11:30 – 12:00 Deformations of Tracy-Widom distributions.
Mauricio Porto Pato - (Univ. do Sao Paulo)

12:00 – 12:30 Single parameter scaling in the quantum-to-classical
transition.
Fabricio Toscano - (Univ. Fed. Rio de Janeiro)

12:30 – 13:00 to be confirmed
Leonardo Ermann - (Lab. TANDAR - CNEA)

13:00 – 15:00 lunch

15:00 Work Sessions

Wednesday 14

10:00 – 10:30 Semiclassical dissipation in Markovian quantum systems.
Alfredo Ozorio de Almeida - (CBPF, Rio de Janeiro)

10:30 – 11:00 Superscarring by short pieces of bifurcated periodic
orbits.
Florentino Borondo - (Univ. Autonoma de Madrid)

11:00 – 11:30 coffee break

11:30 – 12:00 Scars, correlation diagram and zeros of the Husimi
function in molecular systems.
Rosa M. Benito - (Univ. Politecnica de Madrid)

12:00 – 12:30 Semiclassical scar functions in phase space.
Alejandro Rivas - (Lab. TANDAR - CNEA)

12:30 – 13:00 to be confirmed
Alejandro Monastra - (Lab. TANDAR - CNEA)

13:00 – 15:00 lunch

15:00 Work Sessions

Thursday 15

10:00 – 10:30 Cold atom optics as a laboratory for Quantum Chaos.
Benjamin Holder - (University of Texas)

10:30 – 11:00 to be confirmed
Diego Wisniacki - (Univ. de Buenos Aires)

11:00 – 11:30 coffee break

11:30 – 12:00 Statistical bounds on the dynamical production of
entanglement.
Raul Vallejos - (CBPF, Rio de Janeiro)

12:00 – 12:30 to be confirmed
David Scheneider - (Lab. TANDAR - CNEA)

12:30 – 13:00 to be confirmed
Maria E. Spina - (Lab. TANDAR - CNEA)

13:00 – 15:00 lunch

15:00 Work Sessions

Friday 16

10:00 – 11:00 Work Sessions

11:00 – 11:30 coffee break

11:30 – 13:00 Work Sessions

13:00 – 15:00 lunch

15:00 Work Sessions