Subject: [Depfis] MAGNETIC FIELDS IN THE UNIVERSE II: SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT (fwd)

From: Sergio Dasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:14:03 -0300 (ART)

Hola,

Re-envío este mensaje por si hay algun interesado.

saludos.
sergio.
--------------------------------------------------
Sergio Dasso
URL (Home Page): http://www.iafe.uba.ar/solar/sdasso/
e-mail: [email-masked] / [email-masked] / [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:29:21 -0500
From: MFUII <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:  ;
Subject: MAGNETIC FIELDS IN THE UNIVERSE II: SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT

Second Announcement

"REGISTRATION ONLINE IS NOW AVAILABLE"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are pleased to invite you to the conference:

     "MAGNETIC FIELDS IN THE UNIVERSE II:
from Laboratory and Stars to the Primordial Universe",

which will be held in Cozumel, Mexico from January 28th
to February 1st, 2008.
More info in: http://www.astroscu.unam.mx/~mfu2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In view of the success of the meeting "Magnetic Fields in the
Universe: from Laboratory and Stars to Primordial Structures",  held
in Angra dos Reis (Brazil) in December 2004.
(http://proceedings.aip.org/proceedings/confproceed/784.jsp)
A second edition is being organized, this time on the Mexican
Caribbean, in the island of Cozumel, from January 28th to February
1st, 2008.

SCIENTIFIC RATIONALE

The scientific aim of the conference is to provide a natural
continuation to the first edition, putting forward the most recent
advances of theoretical and numerical studies,  as well as new
evidence gathered from observations.

The main topics of the meeting will be:
* Space plasmas
* Solar and stellar plasmas
* Magnetic Fields in star formation and stellar structure and
evolution
* Magnetized Interstellar Medium
* Magnetic fields in compact objects and accretion disks
* Magnetized jets, outflows and winds
* Galactic magnetic field
* Magnetic field effects in galaxies and active galactic nuclei
* Magnetic fields in clusters of galaxies
* Intergalactic magnetic fields
* Magnetic fields in the early universe
* MHD instabilities in astrophysical sources
* Basic plasma processes
* Turbulence, Magnetic Reconnection, Dynamo Processes

PROGRAM:
The conference will consist in invited talks on themes of general
interest, a limited number of selected contributed oral presentations,
and poster sessions on more specific topics. Poster contributions
will be exhibited for the entire duration of the conference with
two special sessions devoted to them, preceded by a invited review
to give highlights and promote discussion.

SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
J.Franco (chair), E. M. de Gouveia Dal Pino, A. Lazarian, G. García
Segura, R. Beck, S. Prager, A. Raga ,S. Lizano, F. Moreno Insertis,
F. Shu, C. McKee, R. Schlickeiser, K. Shibata, D. Crutcher,
E. Vishniac, B. Gaensler, J. Stone, K. Heiles

LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE:
Xóchitl Blanco, Alejandro Esquivel, Guillermo García Segura,
Liliana Hernández, Primoz Kadjic, William Lee, Verónica Lora,
Lila Perillat, Ary Rodríguez, Javier Sánchez, Alfredo Santillán

VENUE:
The conference will be held at the Park Royal Hotel in Cozumel
(http://www.parkroyalcozumel.com), an all-inclusive hotel.
We have arranged the blocking of rooms, at a very special rate of:
* $ 155.00 USD per night per person in a single room
* $ 115.00 USD per night per person in a double room
* $ 100.00 USD per night per person in a triple room
These rates includes all tips and taxes, three meals, drinks, snacks,
kids-club, and access to several facilities in the hotel

You must make your reservation by November 10th
directly through us, see the HOTEL & VENUE section at
http://www.astroscu.unam.mx/~mfu2
After November 10th the hotel does not guarantee availability.

REGISTRATION:
Please register online at:
http://www.astroscu.unam.mx/congresos/mfu2/registro.php
The registration fee is $300 USD, payable in cash upon arrival in
Cozumel (we are not able to receive credit cards).
It will include a registration package, a copy of the
conference abstracts, and a copy of the book of the proceedings.
In addition there will be a conference banquet-dinner on Thursday
January 31st, the cost will be $30 which you can pay directly (also
in cash) at our registration desk in Cozumel.

IMPORTANT DATES:
* June 8.  2007. First Announcement
* August 20, 2007. Second Announcement
* November 10th, 2007. Hotel reservations deadline.
* November 16, 2007. Registration and abstract submission deadline
* December 11, 2007. Third announcement and final release of program.
* Jan 28 to Feb 1, 2008. Meeting

CONTACT:
http://www.astroscu.unam.mx/congresos/mfu2
[email-masked]

Please, divulgate this conference among your colleagues.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Cozumel in January.

The Organizers

-- 
         MAGNETIC FIELDS IN THE UNIVERSE:
from Laboratory and Stars to the Primordial Universe

     http://www.astroscu.unam.mx/congresos/mfu2