Subject: [Depfis] Escuela sobre metodos computacionales en astro-fisica, en Alemania

From: Sergio Dasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 07:54:12 -0300 (ART)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Two-week School for "Computational Methods in Astrophysics"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Horst Fichtner <hf at tp4.rub.de>

Postgraduate School "COMPUTATIONAL METHODS IN ASTROPHYSICS" within the
European Research Training Network "Solaire" (www.solairenetwork.eu) at the
Ruhr-Universität Bochum (www.rub.de/index_en.htm), Germany, March 3-14, 2008

The two-week school is part of the European Research Training Network Solaire
and will be held at the Ruhr-University Bochum, March 3-14, 2008. Modern
computational methods, particularly the techniques of finite differences and
volumes, particle-in-cell, multigrids and parallel computing will be
explained in detail followed by hands-on exercises (first week) and
applications to astrophysics, with an emphasis on solar physics (second week:
lectures and demos). The second week concentrates on state-of-the-art
computations in solar physics context. Its emphasis will be on recent
applications as well as on algorithmic advances (grid adaptivity, multi-scale
and multi-physics). This will be complemented by two plenary talks from
world-leading experts.

Confirmed lecturers/plenary speakers:

Jörg Büchner     (MPS, Katlenburg-Lindau, Germany)
Jürgen Dreher    (Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany)
Klaus Galsgaard  (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen)
Rainer Grauer    (Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany)
Viggo Hansteen   (University of Oslo, Norway)
Rony Keppens     (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium)
Giovanni Lapenta (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium)
Âke Nordlund     (Niels Bohr Institute, Copenhagen, Denmark)
Annick Pouquet   (NCAR, Boulder, USA)
Philip Roe       (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA)
Gabor Toth       (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA)
Alexander Vögler (Utrecht University, Netherlands)

For further information on the programme, registration, accomodation as well
as on financial support available for participants please visit the website
of the School at
               http://compschoolsolaire2008.tp1.ruhr-uni-bochum.de

and contact the organizers

   Horst Fichtner, Rainer Grauer (Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany)
   Rony Keppens, Stefan Poedts (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium)

via the Email address [email-masked].
---------------------------------------------------------------------------