Subject: [Depfis] Charla de Gravitación y Campos

From: Matias Leoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:19:49 -0300 (ART)

A toda la comunidad,

Los invitamos a todos este Miercoles 27 de noviembre al "Seminario de
Gravitación y Campos". Esta vez nos dará una charla Nicolás Grandi de la 
Universidad Nacional de La Plata. La charla será a las 14.30hs en el 
IAFE. Los detalles de la charla:

---
Miercoles 27/11,
14.30hs en el IAFE.
Nicolás E. Grandi (UNLP)
Título: "Compactons an thick branes"
Abstract: K fields, that is, fields with a non-standard kinetic term, 
allow for soliton solutions with compact support, i.e., compactons. 
Compactons in 1+1 dimensions may give rise to topological defects of the 
domain wall type and with finite thickness in higher dimensions. Here we 
demonstrate that, for an appropriately chosen kinetic term, propagation of 
linear perturbations is completely suppressed outside the topological 
defect, confining the propagation of particles inside the domain wall. On 
the other hand, inside the topological defect the propagation of linear 
perturbations is of the standard type, in spite of the non-standard 
kinetic term. Consequently, this compacton domain wall may act like a 
brane of finite thickness which is embedded in a higher dimensional space, 
but to which matter fields are constrained.
---
Les recordamos que para mas información sobre este ciclo de charlas pueden 
visitar www.df.uba.ar/users/leoni/charlas

Los esperamos,

Matías Leoni