Subject: [Depfis] positions with the Solaire Research Network (fwd)

From: Sergio Dasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 10:47:55 -0300 (ART)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:44:06 +0000
From: Solaire European Network <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: positions with the Solaire Research Network

Dear colleague,

SOLAIRE, a Research Training Network financed by the European Commission, is
offering 10 contracts to pursue PhD studies on Solar Physics (supercomputing,
observation and/or theory) in the nodes of the network. Students from any
country in the world can apply; the deadline for submission of applications
is March 20th, 2007.

Please, find attached a pdf file with the official announcement sheet: we
would be grateful if you could post it on a public noticeboard in your
university or institute where it can be seen well by the students. Detailed
information on the network, application procedures and forms can be found on
the network's webpage:

www.solairenetwork.eu

We would also appreciate it if you could call this opening to the attention
of any students who might be interested in applying. We are distributing
posters of this opening to different institutions in the world. If you are
interested in posting one in your university or institute, we will be glad to
send it to you: please send a request by return mail, including your name and
your airmail address.

We are also attaching a text version of the announcement,
should you need to use it instead of the pdf version.

We thank you in advance,

Prof F Moreno-Insertis
on behalf of
the SOLAIRE Network

=====================================================================

       CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR 10 POSTGRADUATE (PhD) CONTRACTS
               WITH THE SOLAIRE RESEARCH TRAINING NETWORK

In the  framework of the SOLAIRE  Marie Curie Research  Training Network, ten
contracts  are available  to carry  out  research at  the postgraduate  level
leading  to a  PhD  thesis. The  research  of each  student  will be  jointly
supervised by two of the network nodes, one of which will be in charge of the
doctoral studies.

The Solaire network is a joint initiative of 12 European Universities and
Research Institutes and a private R&D company:

Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (Network Coordinator), Spain
University of St Andrews, UK
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Niels Bohr Institute, Univ of Copenhagen, Denmark
Max-Planck Institut für Sonnensystemforschung, Germany
Universitetet i Oslo, Norway
Observatoire de Paris - Meudon, France
Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
University of Glasgow, UK
Università di Catania, Italy
Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Eötvös University, Budapest, Hungary
Fluid Gravity Engineering Ltd, UK

Solaire is a Solar Physics  Research Network that uses leading-edge tools for
supercomputing,   ground-based   and   space  observations   and   analytical
theory.  The research  of  the PhD  students  will be  done  within the  five
collaborative research packages of the network:

(CP1) - Magnetic Flux Emergence from the Solar Interior to the Corona;
(CP2) - Magnetic Connectivity through the Atmospheric Layers
          and Field Extrapolation;
(CP3) - Magnetic Reconnection;
(CP4) - Solar Flares;
(CP5) - Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) and Interplanetary Dynamics.

Following the  European Commission rules for these  contracts, candidates can
be  citizens  of  any  country  in  the  world with  less  than  4  years  of
postgraduate research experience  at the time of appointment.  They cannot be
appointed in  their own country  or in a  country where they have  spent more
than 12 months  in the past 3 years. Precise explanations  to these rules can
be found in the contact addresses given below. The Solaire network especially
encourages applications from women and from candidates from New Member States
or Less Favoured Regions of the EU.

For further information, please visit the Solaire web page:

http://www.solairenetwork.eu

Contact email address: [email-masked]

========================================================