Subject: [Depfis] ACLARACIÓN! Charla de Gravitación y Campos

From: Matias Leoni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:24:01 -0300 (ART)

ACLARACIÓN: La fecha correcta de la charla que se anuncia abajo es el 
Miercoles 28. Disculpen el error. Saludos,

Matías Leoni

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:19:49 -0300 (ART)
From: Matias Leoni <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Charla de Gravitación y Campos

A toda la comunidad,

Los invitamos a todos este Miercoles 27 de noviembre al "Seminario de
Gravitación y Campos". Esta vez nos dará una charla Nicolás Grandi de la 
Universidad Nacional de La Plata. La charla será a las 14.30hs en el IAFE. Los 
detalles de la charla:

---
Miercoles 27/11,
14.30hs en el IAFE.
Nicolás E. Grandi (UNLP)
Título: "Compactons an thick branes"
Abstract: K fields, that is, fields with a non-standard kinetic term, allow for 
soliton solutions with compact support, i.e., compactons. Compactons in 1+1 
dimensions may give rise to topological defects of the domain wall type and 
with finite thickness in higher dimensions. Here we demonstrate that, for an 
appropriately chosen kinetic term, propagation of linear perturbations is 
completely suppressed outside the topological defect, confining the propagation 
of particles inside the domain wall. On the other hand, inside the topological 
defect the propagation of linear perturbations is of the standard type, in 
spite of the non-standard kinetic term. Consequently, this compacton domain 
wall may act like a brane of finite thickness which is embedded in a higher 
dimensional space, but to which matter fields are constrained.
---
Les recordamos que para mas información sobre este ciclo de charlas pueden 
visitar www.df.uba.ar/users/leoni/charlas

Los esperamos,

Matías Leoni