Subject: [Depfis] Fwd: X COLAGE - Call for abstracts and registration

From: sergio dasso <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 16:31:56 -0300

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	X COLAGE - Call for abstracts and registration
Date: 	Wed, 12 Mar 2014 12:30:13 -0500
From: 	X COLAGE - Cusco <[email-masked]>

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to participate in the tenth Latin American Conference on
Space Geophysics (X COLAGE) that will be held in Cusco, Peru on
September 8-12, 2014. The venue for our conference will be the
auditorium Pisac at the convention center of the Provincial Municipality
of Cusco. This conference is organized by the ALAGE (Latin American
Association of Space Geophysics) every 3 or 4 years and gathers
scientists and students (not only from Latin America) interested in the
study of the geospace system, the interplanetary medium, the Solar
system, as well as their variability, interactions, and their effects on 
space weather and climate.

We encourage you to submit abstracts for oral and poster presentations
in topics related to Space Geophysics. In this opportunity, the
presentations will be organized in the following sessions:

Session 1. The Sun and solar-terrestrial interactions

Session 2. The Heliosphere and Cosmic Rays

Session 3. The Magnetosphere

Session 4. The Ionosphere and upper Atmosphere

Session 5. Space Weather and Space Climate

Session 6. Plasma Physics of Solar System Planets and Exoplanets

Session 7. Nonlinear Processes in Space Geophysics

The deadline for submission is May 8, 2014. For further information
about abstract submission, registration, financial support, hotel
reservation and travel assistance, please visit our website.

http://jro.igp.gob.pe/x_colage

X COLAGE will be followed by the International School on Space Sciences,
which is sponsored by the Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial
Physics (SCOSTEP) and the International Space Weather Initiative (ISWI).
This school will take place in Lima, Peru on September 15-24, 2014.
Graduate students are encouraged to participate in the school. This will
be an excellent learning and enrichment opportunity for students that
also attend the X COLAGE.

We look forward to your participation in these events.

*X COLAGE International Committee*

Dr. Blanca Mendoza – President of ALAGE (UNAM, Mexico)

Dr. Adolfo Viñas – International Secretary of ALAGE (NASA, USA)

Dr. Abraham Chian (INPE, Brazil)

Dr. José Valdés-Galicia (UNAM, Mexico)

Dr. Walter Gonzalez (INPE, Brazil)

Dr. Sergio Dasso (IAFE, UBA-CONICET, Argentina)

Dr. Marco Milla (IGP, Peru)**