Subject: [Depfis] visita Prof. Pedro Andrés

From: silvia ledesma <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 18:58:27 +0200

Hola,

el profesor Pedro Andrés de la Universidad de Valencia, España, visitará el
departamento de Física el día 2 de junio.  A las 15 horas nos reuniremos en
la pecera grande para escuchar sobre sus últimas investigaciones en
"Single- pixel multi-dimensional imaging". A continuación envío un resumen
de esta línea de investigación, para los que estén interesados. Saludos,

Silvia

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Single-pixel multi-dimensional imaging
P. Andrés
Departamento de Óptica, Universidad de Valencia, E46100 Burjassot, Spain.

Compressive sensing turns out to be an ongoing revolution in information
theory that
allows us to acquire less data than traditional techniques though still
recover the same
amount of information. The quintessential example of compressive sensing in
optics is
the single-pixel camera.
In this direction, in the last years we developed some unconventional
imaging
techniques that use light detectors without spatial resolution, i.e.,
having a single pixel,
as a photodiode and other dedicated sensors. In this way, we have
implemented
different single-pixel cameras to measure not only the 2D spatial intensity
distribution
of the object, but also others useful dimensions of the image, as
polarization, spectrum,
and phase.
In the first part of the presentation we are going to discuss the basic
ideas of
compressive sensing and how to apply the above concepts to implement a
single-pixel
imaging architecture. In the second part we design a single-pixel
polarimetric imaging
setup and a single-pixel hyperspectral camera that provide the
two-dimensional
spatially-resolved inhomogeneous distribution of the state of polarization
or the
chromatic information, respectively, of the input object. Additionally we
show a digital
holographic technique for the detection of the amplitude and phase of the
input signal
with a detector without spatial resolution. Finally we will also show that
single-pixel
optical cameras can overcome the fundamental limitation imposed by multiple
scattering to successfully transmit information through a turbid medium.
Experimental
results of the above novel imaging approaches will be shown.
-- 
Dra. Silvia Ledesma
Laboratorio de Procesado de Imágenes
Departamento de Física
FCEyN, UBA
Tel 54 11 45763300 Int 269