Subject: [Depfis] HIGH-ENERGY PHENOMENA IN RELATIVISTIC OUTFLOWS V - First announcement

From: Mariano Franco <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 13:10:25 -0300

FYI.

  La Plata, September 15th, 2014

*First Announcement *

International Meeting on

*HIGH-ENERGY PHENOMENA IN RELATIVISTIC OUTFLOWS V *

La Plata city, October 5-8, 2015

Webpage: http://hepro5.iar.unlp.edu.ar/

The series of conferences High-Energy Phenomena in Relativistic Outflows,
HEPRO, reaches now its fifth instalment. The previous meetings were held
with success in Dublin
<http://www.mpi-hd.mpg.de/astrophysik/HEA/dublin/index.html> (2007), Buenos
Aires <http://hepro2.iar-conicet.gov.ar/> (2009), Barcelona
<http://icc.ub.edu/congress/HEPROIII-2011/> (2011), and Heidelberg
<http://www.mpi-hd.mpg.de/hepro04/pages/news.php> (2013).

HEPRO V will take place in La Plata, Argentina, from October 5th to 8th,
2015, hosted by the Group of Relativistic Astrophysics and Radio Astronomy
<http://garra.iar.unlp.edu.ar/> (GARRA) of the Instituto Argentino de
Radioastronomía (IAR). The conference will be devoted to the presentation
and discussion of hot recent observational, phenomenological, and
theoretical developments in the field of high-energy phenomena associated
with relativistic winds and jets. Some specific topics are gamma-ray and
neutrino production in relativistic outflows, multi-wavelength jet
emission, formation and propagation of relativistic jets on different
scales, and particle acceleration in various relativistic contexts.

There will be both invited reviews and highlighted talks that will cover
the most recent work in the field. Plenty of time will be devoted to
discussions. Please notice that the registration opens on *November 1st,
2014*.

The confirmed invited speakers are:

·         Felix Aharonian (Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies /
Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik)

·         Jonathan Arons (University of California, Berkeley)

·         Maxim Barkov (Max-Planck-Institut für Kernphysik)

·         Tony Bell (University of Oxford)

·         Fabio de Colle (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)

·         Dimitrios Giannios (Purdue University)

·         Dmitry Khangulyan (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency)

·         Alex Lazarian (University of Wisconsin-Madison)

The Scientific and Local Organizing Committees are listed below:

*SOC*

·         F. A. Aharonian (DIAS, Ireland - MPIK, Germany)

·         E. Amato (INAF - Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri, Italy)

·         M. Begelman (University of Colorado, USA)

·         G. S. Bisnovatyi-Kogan (Space Research Institute, Russia)

·         V. Bosch-Ramon (Universitat de Barcelona, Spain)

·         K. S. Cheng (University of Hong-Kong, China)

·         P. Coppi (Yale University, USA)

·         D. Khangulyan (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, Japan)

·         S. Lizano (Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica, UNAM, Mexico)

·         Y. Lyubarsky (Ben-Gurion University, Israel)

·         A. Marscher (Boston University, USA)

·         P. Mészáros (Pennsylvania State University, USA)

·         J. M. Paredes (Universitat de Barcelona, Spain)

·         G. E. Romero (chair, IAR - FCAG, Argentina)

·         Y. Uchiyama (Rikkyo University, Japan)

*LOC*

·         Ileana Andruchow (IALP - FCAG)

·         Ma. Victoria del Valle (IAR)

·         Ma. Clementina Medina (IAR)

·         Carolina Pepe (IAR)

·         Daniela Pérez (IAR)

·         Gustavo E. Romero (chair, IAR - FCAG)

·         Matías Tueros (IAR)

·         Florencia L. Vieyro (IAR)

·         Gabriela S. Vila (co-chair, IAR)

Important dates are:

·         Registration opens: November 1st 2014

·         Registration closes: July 15th 2015

·         Deadline for submission of abstracts: July 15th 2015

·         Final program: September 1st 2015

·         Conference begins: October 5th 2015

Additional information and details is available at the webpage of the
meeting, http://hepro5.iar.unlp.edu.ar.

We look forward to seeing you in La Plata!

Gustavo E. Romero, on behalf of the organizers

 <http://www.avast.com/>