Subject: [Depfis] Seminario

From: liliana arrachea <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 16:12:46 -0300

Hola,

Les copio abajo un anuncio de seminario que tendra lugar en el Centro
Atomico Constituyentes el proximo lunes 5 de mayo a las 11 hs.

Saludos,

     Liliana

Theory and Experiments of rigid-plane phonon modes in layered crystals

K.H.MICHEL

Condensed Matter Physics , University of Antwerp,Belgium

The phonon spectra of layered crystals graphite and hexagonal boron-nitride
are discussed. An overview of pioneering inelastic neutron scattering
experiments and of recent single crystal inelastic X-ray scattereing
results is given. The lattice dynamics of low-frequency rigid-plane phonon
modes in metallic (graphene multilayers GML) and dielectric (hexagonal
boron-nitride multilayers BNML) layered crystals is investigated by
analytic theory and numerical calculations. The frequencies of shearing and
compression modes depend on the layer number N. A comparison with recent
Raman scattering results is made. Relations with the low frequency phonon
dispersions in bulk materials are established.