Subject: [Depfis] recordatorio charla interesante

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 10:33:49 -0300

Hola
les recuerdo que en un rato (a las 11) tendremos
esta charla, que es MUY interesante. Saludos,
Juan Pablo

SEMINARIO ESPECIAL, VIERNES 7/11 11hs
AULA FEDERMAN, DEPARTAMENTO DE FISICA, FCEYN
PRIMER PISO, PABELLON 1, CIUDAD UNIVERSITARIA

"Quantum metrology in the age of applications"
Morgan Mitchell
Insituto de Ciencias Fotónicas (ICFO), Barcelona

Abstract:
"Quantum Metrology" uses quantum information resources, e.g.  
entanglement, to improve the sensitivity of quantum-limited  
measurements.  This field began with gravitational wave detection,  
with theory proposals in the 1970s, then proof-of-principle  
experimental results in the 1980s, prototype instruments in the 2000s,  
and now application to full-scale gravitational-wave detectors since  
2011.  Application of quantum metrology to atomic instruments is a  
very active area that could improve measurements of time, electric,  
magnetic, and radio-frequency fields, and acceleration. I will discuss  
the situation for quantum enhanced measurements of magnetic fields,  
including some proof-of-principle experiments, some open questions,  
and some challenges to the "standard model" of quantum metrology.

Dr Juan Pablo Paz
Profesor Titular UBA, Investigador Superior CONICET
Departamento de Fisica & Instituto de Fisica de Buenos Aires
FCEyN UBA, Pabellon 1, Ciudad Universitaria
1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: +54-11-45763353
http://www.df.uba.ar/users/paz
http://www.qufiba.df.uba.ar