Subject: [Depfis] Escuela "QCD and LHC physics", San Pablo, Brasil

From: Daniel de Florian <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 20:23:22 +0200

Estimados,

del 22 al 31 de Julio tendra lugar en el ICTP-SAIFR de San Pablo la escuela
 "QCD and LHC physics". Abajo va la informacion, la aplicación cierra el 15
de Mayo y hay fondos limitados para apoyar la participación de estudiantes.

http://www.ictp-saifr.org/?page_id=6209

Saludos,
Daniel de Florian

QCD and LHC physics
--------------------------------

With the start of Run II of the LHC, 2015 will be an exciting year for
high-energy physics, posing new experimental and also theoretical
challenges. Recent years have witnessed important advances in our ability
to provide predictions for the increasingly complex final states that are
of key importance to the LHC physics program. These advances draw on our
greatly improved understanding of the structure of scattering amplitudes in
gauge theories.
This school is aimed at preparing graduate students for theoretical
research in quantum chromodynamics as applied to the future research
program at the LHC. Aspects of the school will also be valuable to younger
postdoctoral fellows and graduate students in experimental high-energy
physics. Attendees are invited to present their research activities in a
poster session.