Subject: [Depfis] IUPAP Women In Physics Travel Grants

From: Silvina Ponce Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:44:18 -0300

April 22, 2015

Dear
​IUPAP Liaisons​
,

IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics

Supporting Women in Physics in Developing Countries

We have received funding to launch a new round of the IUPAP Travel Grants
Program.  This program was created to help fund women from developing and
low income countries, who may not have another opportunity, to attend a
regional or international conferences, workshop, or school.  We expect to
be able to fund approximately 20-25 women between $700 & $800 US each at a
maximum.

Grant applications should be received no later than May 28, 2015.
Recipients will be selected by the IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics
by mid/late June, and all applicants will be notified before June 30, 2015
of the outcome.

Only women physicists from low income developing countries may apply.  Due
to limited funding, those who have received a grant in the past, under this
program, are not eligible for a second grant.

Those interested in applying for a grant should submit the following
information, via e‑mail as a WORD document only or as text within the
e‑mail.  *PLEASE DO NOT SEND AS A PDF FILE. *If you attach files, please
include your last name on all the file documents.

1. Complete contact information including name, address, e‑mail and phone
number.

2. Years since your Ph.D (or undergraduate degree for graduate students)
was granted.

3. Brief description of the conference, school, or workshop you wish to
attend (including the date of the conf., place to be held, & website if
available) and if you will be making a presentation.

4. Brief statement of how attending the conference will enhance your career.

5. If you have attended any regional or international conferences, please
list them.

6. A breakdown of the amount of money (maximum $700/800 US) required to
attend (Ex:Airfare, registration fee, meals etc...).

7. List your publications from the last 5 years.

8. One Letter of recommendation from someone who is familiar with your
work.

Send all information to Jackie Beamon‑Kiene at, [email-masked] by close of
business (5:00p.m. EDT) on May 28, 2015.

​Please pass this information on to WIP Working Groups in your area and
anyone else who would be interested.​

Sincerely,

Igle Gledhill, Chair, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics

Gillian Butcher, Vice Chair, IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics

Jackie Beamon-Kiene, Admin., IUPAP Working Group on Women in Physics

-- 
Silvina Ponce Dawson
Depto Fisica e IFIBA-CONICET
FCEN-UBA
Ciudad Universitaria, Pab I
(1428) Buenos Aires, Argentina
Phone: (5411) 4576 3353
Fax: (5411) 4576 3357