Subject: [Depfis] 6th ICTP Latin-American String School (Mexico City)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 11:53:14 -0300

6th ICTP Latin-American String School (Mexico City)

Start time: October 26, 2015

Ends on: November 6, 2015

Location: Mexico City, Mexico

This ICTP Latin-American String School, now in its 6th edition, will have
a duration of two-weeks and will follow the same format as the previous
ICTP Latin-American string  schools held in Cuba (1998), México (2000),
Brazil (2003), Argentina (2007) and Brazil (2010). The first week of the
school will provide the traditional foundations of string theory and the
second week will continue to more advanced topics. The lectures will
assume knowledge of quantum field theory and general relativity  at the
graduate student level, but will not assume previous familiarity with
string theory. There will also be daily discussion sessions and homework
exercises. There is no registration fee and limited funds are available
for travel and local expenses.

The webpage and application form for the 2015 LASS school (Oct 26-Nov 6) 
is at www.ictp-saifr.org/lass2015 and the application deadline is August
14.