Subject: [Depfis] EXO.AR I. Third Announcement: Preliminar Program and Abstract Submission Deadline

From: "Andrea P. Buccino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 13:40:24 -0300

Estimados,

en el siguiente link: http://www.iafe.uba.ar/exoar/program/ podrán 
encontrar el programa preliminar del workshop EXO.AR I que tendrá lugar 
a fines de Octubre en las instalaciones del ICAS (San Martín, Buenos 
Aires).

Aprovechamos para recordarles que la fecha límite para el envío de 
resúmenes es el próximo viernes 8 de Septiembre. Aclaramos además que 
tanto los resúmenes como las contribuciones orales deben ser realizadas 
en idioma inglés.

Saludos cordiales,

COL

=========================================================================

EXO.AR I: 1st Argentinian Workshop on Exoplanets
“Observations and data analysis”

October 30 – November 2, 2017, International Center for Advanced 
Studies
(ICAS),
National University of San Martín, Buenos Aires, Argentina

*SECOND CIRCULAR*

The "EXO.AR I: 1st Argentinian Workshop on Exoplanets - Observations 
and
data analysis" meeting aims at enhancing interactions between members 
of
the local exoplanet community and international experts on planet
detection and characterization, the effects of stellar activity on
planetary signals, and the characterization of exoplanet host stars. 
The
focus of the meeting will be on observations and data analysis.

Topics covered include:
* Radial velocity
* Transits
* Direct Imaging
* Effects and correction of stellar activity
* Stellar parameters and chemical composition of Exoplanet-Hosting 
Stars

*Dates*
Monday October 30 through Thursday November 2, 2017.
The meeting will start on Monday afternoon and finish on Thursday after
the morning session.

*Venue*
The meeting will be held at the International Center for Advanced  
Studies
(ICAS <http://icas.unsam.edu.ar/>) of the National University of  San
Martín located in the suburbs of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

In addition to talks by invited speakers, participants will have the
opportunity to present their work through oral contributions.

*Confirmed Invited Speakers*
* Jose Manuel Almenara (University of Geneva, Switzerland)
* João Faria (University of Porto, Portugal)
* Luciano García (Oficina Gemini Argentina/Observatorio Astronómico de
Córdoba, Argentina)
* Guillaume Hébrard (Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris, France)
* Monika Lendl (Space Research Institute, Austria) To Be Confirmed *
Marcelo López Fuentes (Instituto de Astronomía y Física del Espacio,
Argentina)
* Jorge Meléndez (Departamento de Astronomia, IAG, Universidade de São
Paulo, Brasil)
* Claudio Melo (European Southern Observatory, Chile)
* Nuno Santos (Center for Astrophysics, University of Porto, Portugal;
remote participation)
* Alice Zurlo (Universidad Diego Portales, Chile)

*Registration and Abstract Submission*
Registration is open from August 1 to September 29, 2017 at this link
<http://www.iafe.uba.ar/exoar/registration/>. Due to space limitations,
the number of attendees will be capped at 45. The registration fee is
$500 (~USD 30) for undergraduate and Ph.D. students and postdocs and  
$800
(~USD 45) for the remainder participants, payable by cash at the
registration desk.

Abstract proposals for contributed talks will be received until
September 8, 2017. They can be uploaded together with the registration 
form.

Financial aid is available to cover registration fees and travel
expenses. No support for long-haul flights is available. The request 
for
financial aid is also included in the registration form. Priority will  
be
given to applicants presenting their work and requiring only partial
support.

For more information, visit the workshop website
http://www.iafe.uba.ar/exoar, which is updated regularly, or contact 
the
Organizing Committee. We hope to find you among the participants!

*Important Dates*
Registration: August 1 - September 29, 2017
Abstract submission: August 1 - September 8, 2017
Announcement of financial support: September 15, 2017
Announcement of selected participants: September 30, 2017

*Organizing and Scientific Committee*
- Andrea Buccino (IAFE, CONICET)
- Rodrigo Díaz (IAFE, CONICET; Chair)
- Emiliano Jofré (OAC, CONICET)
- Romina Petrucci (OAC, CONICET)
- Carlos Saffe (ICATE, CONICET)

*Contact*: [email-masked]
-- 
========================================
Andrea Paola Buccino
URL (Home Page): http://cms.iafe.uba.ar/abuccino
e-mail: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------
Instituto de Astronomía y Física del Espacio (IAFE)
Phone: (+54)-11-4781-6755/4783-2642, ext 104
Fax: (+54)-11-4786-8114
CC 67 Suc. 28, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
----------------------------------------