Subject: [Depfis] anuncio de Postdoc USA - R Decca

From: Lombardo Fernando <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 16:31:28 +0000

Work Function:
Postdoctoral Research

Discipline:
Physics: Instrumentation and Measurement, Physics: Sensors, Physics:  
Condensed Matter

Preferred Education:
Doctorate

We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher to work on an NSF funded  
project to measure the gravitational constant (Big G). The candidate  
must have expertise in vibration and noise reduction techniques,  
torsional pendulum construction and metrology. Since this is a  
collaborative proposal between Indiana University-Purdue University  
Indianapolis (IUPUI), Syracuse University and Humboldt State  
University, the successful candidate will be expected to effectively  
collaborate with a diverse group of faculty, undergraduate and  
graduate students, being able to lead students to perform their best.  
Occasional (once or twice a year) travel from IUPUI to the  
collaborating institutions will be needed. Career development support  
will be provided.

It is expected that the candidate will have knowledge of clean room  
techniques, computer programming and interfacing for data acquisition,  
and strong data analysis skills. Knowledge of FTIR, SEM, neutron  
scattering and optical metrology approaches are a plus.

A Ph.D. completed 5 or fewer years ago in Physics or directly related  
area is required. Starting salary is $50,000/year and the benefit  
package is very competitive. The position is for one year and  
renewable for up to two additional years.

Interested? Please send questions or your CV (with list of  
publications and 3 references) to: Prof. Ricardo Decca,  
[email-masked]. Applications will be reviewed immediately and will  
be accepted until the position is filled during Fall 2017.

Women and underrepresented minorities are strongly encouraged to  
apply. IUPUI is an EO/AA employer, committed to diversity and equality  
in education and employment.