Subject: [Depfis] IFQ Meeting en Bariloche

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 16:08:16 -0300

The next ``It Form Qubit” Simons collaboration meeting, will be held in
the Centro Atomico Bariloche, Bariloche, Argentina, from Thursday, January
4, to Saturday, January 13, 2018.

This event will consist of both a Workshop (4-6 January) and a Summer
School (8-13 January).

Some of the topics covered by the workshop are: entanglement and quantum
field theory, holographic entanglement, quantum chaos and quantum
complexity, quantum error correction and tensor networks, black holes and
information. Many participants of the Workshop will remain the following
week (8-13 January) to attend some of the School lectures and participate
in a longer program, with few informal talks and mostly free time for
discussions and research. The School students can also attend the Workshop
seminars.

This is the list of lecture courses for the school:

Entanglement entropy in Quantum Field theory - Lecturer Thomas Faulkner
Holography and Entanglement Entropy - Lecturer  Aron Wall
Quantum Chaos - Lecturer Brian Swingle
Simulating gauge theories with tensor networks - Lecturer Frank Verstraete
Tensor Networks and Quantum Error Corrections - Lecturer Xi Dong
Black Holes and Quantum Information - Lectures by Juan Martin Maldacena and
Gerard 't Hooft

Participants on the Workshop include

Jose Barbon, Vijay Balasubramanian, Ignacio Cirac, Xi Dong, William
Donnelly, Thomas Faulkner, Dmitri Fursaev, Matt Headrick, Chris Herzog,
Veronika Hubeny, Igor Klebanov, Hong Liu, Don Marolf, Juan Maldacena, Mark
Mezei, Rob Myers, Xiao Liang Qi, Mukund Rangamani, Michael Smolkin, Andrew
Strominger, Gerhard 't Hooft, Erick Tonni, Sandip Trivedi, Brian Swingle,
Tadashi Takayanagi, Stefan Vandoren, Frank Verstraete, Aron Wall, Edward
Witten