Subject: [Depfis] EXO.AR I. Second Announcement: INVITED SPEAKERS and REGISTRATION

From: "Andrea P. Buccino" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2017 10:46:29 -0300

Reenvío más información del Workshop de exoplanetas.

=======================================================================================

  EXO.AR I: 1st Argentinian Workshop on Exoplanets
  “Observations and data analysis”

  October 30 – November 2, 2017, International Center for Advanced 
Studies (ICAS),
  National University of San Martín, Buenos Aires, Argentina

  SECOND CIRCULAR

  The "EXO.AR I: 1st Argentinian Workshop on Exoplanets - Observations 
and data analysis" meeting aims at enhancing interactions between 
members of the local exoplanet community and international experts on 
planet detection and characterization, the effects of stellar activity 
on planetary signals, and the characterization of exoplanet host stars. 
The focus of the meeting will be on observations and data analysis.

  Topics covered include:
  * Radial velocity
  * Transits
  * Direct Imaging
  * Effects and correction of stellar activity
  * Stellar parameters and chemical composition of Exoplanet-Hosting 
Stars

  DATES
  Monday October 30 through Thursday November 2, 2017.
  The meeting will start on Monday afternoon and finish on Thursday 
after the morning session.

  VENUE
  The meeting will be held at the International Center for Advanced 
Studies (ICAS [1]) of the National University of San Martín located in 
the suburbs of Buenos Aires, Argentina.

  In addition to talks by invited speakers, participants will have the 
opportunity to present their work through oral contributions.

  CONFIRMED INVITED SPEAKERS
  * Jose Manuel Almenara (University of Geneva, Switzerland)
  * João Faria (University of Porto, Portugal)
  * Luciano García (Oficina Gemini Argentina/Observatorio Astronómico de 
Córdoba, Argentina)
  * Guillaume Hébrard (Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris, France)
  * Monika Lendl (Space Research Institute, Austria) To Be Confirmed
  * Marcelo López Fuentes (Instituto de Astronomía y Física del Espacio, 
Argentina)
  * Jorge Meléndez (Departamento de Astronomia, IAG, Universidade de São 
Paulo, Brasil)
  * Claudio Melo (European Southern Observatory, Chile)
  * Nuno Santos (Center for Astrophysics, University of Porto, Portugal; 
remote participation)
  * Alice Zurlo (Universidad Diego Portales, Chile)

  REGISTRATION AND ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
  Registration is open from August 1 to September 29, 2017 at this link 
[2]. Due to space limitations, the number of attendees will be capped at 
45. The registration fee is $500 (~USD 30) for undergraduate and Ph.D. 
students and postdocs and $800 (~USD 45) for the remainder of 
participants, payable by cash at the registration desk.

  Abstract proposals for contributed talks will be received until 
September 8, 2017. They can be uploaded together with the registration 
form.

  Financial aid is available to cover registration fees and travel 
expenses. No support for long-haul flights is available. The request for 
financial aid is also included in the registration form. Priority will 
be given to applicants presenting their work and requiring only partial 
support.

  For more information, visit the workshop website 
http://www.iafe.uba.ar/exoar [3], which is updated regularly, or contact 
the Organizing Committee. We hope to find you among the participants!

  IMPORTANT DATES
  Registration: August 1 - September 29, 2017
  Abstract submission: August 1 - September 8, 2017
  Announcement of financial support: September 15, 2017
  Announcement of selected participants: September 30, 2017

  ORGANIZING AND SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
  - Andrea Buccino (IAFE, CONICET)
  - Rodrigo Díaz (IAFE, CONICET; Chair)
  - Emiliano Jofré (OAC, CONICET)
  - Romina Petrucci (OAC, CONICET)
  - Carlos Saffe (ICATE, CONICET)

  CONTACT: [email-masked]

***************************************************
Rodrigo F. Díaz
Instituto de Astronomía y Física del Espacio (IAFE)
CONICET - Universidad de Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
—
Phone: (+5411) 5285 7827
Skype: rolo1909
***************************************************

Links:
------
[1] http://icas.unsam.edu.ar/
[2] http://www.iafe.uba.ar/exoar/registration/
[3] http://www.iafe.uba.ar/exoar

-- 
========================================
Andrea Paola Buccino
URL (Home Page): http://cms.iafe.uba.ar/abuccino
e-mail: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------
Instituto de Astronomía y Física del Espacio (IAFE)
Phone: (+54)-11-4781-6755/4783-2642, ext 104
Fax: (+54)-11-4786-8114
CC 67 Suc. 28, 1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
----------------------------------------