Subject: [Depfis] Workshop on Topological Quantum Matter

From: Graciana Puentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 14:50:13 +0000

--------
Dear Colleague,

It is our great pleasure to announce the “Workshop on Topological  
Quantum Matter” that will take place in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from  
December 3rd to 7th 2017. The workshop is organized by the  
International Center for Advanced Studies of Argentina.

Different topics in the area will be covered, including topological  
insulators, quantum Hall effect, topological superconductors, Weyl and  
Dirac semimetals, topological strongly correlated systems. Several  
distinguished scientists will participate as speakers, including  
theoreticians and experimentalists. The aim of the workshop is to  
promote the interactions of young researchers and students with  
experts in this active area of physics.

In addition to talks and poster sessions, two special discussion  
sessions on selected topics will take place in the inspiring  
environments of fine arts galleries. The focus points for these  
discussion sessions, along with the relevant literature, will be  
announced in advance to the participants of the workshop.

You can find further information in the webpage:
  http://www.icas.unsam.edu.ar/topo-icas

The following website is open for registration until August 31st, 2017:
http://www.icas.unsam.edu.ar/topo-icas/Registration.html

Some financial support is available to cover meals and coffees.  
Priority will be given to students, postdocs and young researchers.

We would be grateful if you could help us to circulate this information.

We look forward to seeing you in Buenos Aires!

The organizers

Contacts: [email-masked], [email-masked],   
[email-masked]