Subject: [Depfis] Fwd: Post-doctoral opportunity

From: MARTA FERRARO <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:50:00 -0300

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peralta, Juan Ernesto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 6:40 AM
Subject: Post-doctoral opportunity
To: "Diego R. Alcoba" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Juan Ignacio Melo <[email-masked]>, Ofelia Oña <[email-masked]>,
MARTA FERRARO <[email-masked]>

Hola,

¿Me harían el favor de difundir este aviso entre potenciales interesados?
Estamos buscando dos post-docs con experiencia en programación y en DFT. Es
una muy buena oportunidad para trabajar en un proyecto donde colaboran
varios expertos en DFT, entre ellos John Perdew.

Desde ya, mil gracias.

Juan

Juan E. Peralta

Professor, Department of Physics

Central Michigan University

http://www.phy.cmich.edu/people/peralta/

voice: (989) 774-3375 | fax: (989) 774-2697

We are seeking outstanding candidates for two postdoctoral positions in
electronic structure theory development at Central Michigan University
(CMU). The candidates will be engaged in an exciting, large-scale effort to
remove self-interaction errors from density functional theory. The project
involves a collaborative team of researchers at multiple universities. The
work at CMU will involve method development and coding under the
supervision of Professors Koblar Jackson and Juan Peralta.   Required
qualifications for the positions include a Ph.D. in computational chemistry
or theoretical condensed matter physics, or a closely related discipline,
significant programming experience, and a solid background in electronic
structure theory.  Additional preferred qualifications include FORTRAN
programming experience, use of high performance computing centers, and
experience with electronic structure codes.

The positions are grant funded. The expected starting date is Sept. 1,
2017; however, this date is contingent upon the start date of the grant.
The initial appointments will be for one year. Extensions are possible,
based on satisfactory performance and the availability of funding.
Competitive salary and benefits packages will be offered.

Review of applications will begin July 28th and continue until the
positions are filled.

Applications must be submitted through CMU’s HR website (
https://www.jobs.cmich.edu/ ) to be considered.  Please provide a cover
letter (addressed to Professors Jackson and Peralta), a CV (including a
list of publications), and a list of three reference contacts.

CMU, an AA/EO institution, strongly and actively strives to increase
diversity and provide equal opportunity within its community.  CMU does not
discriminate in employment against persons based on age, color, disability,
gender, gender identity/gender expression, genetic information, familial
status, height, marital status, national origin, political persuasion,
race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or weight (see
http://www.cmich.edu/ocrie).

-- 
Professor
Marta Ferraro
Physics Department and IFIBA.
FCE. y N, Universidad de Buenos Aires
(1428)Ciudad Universitaria-Pab. I
voice   : +54 11 4576 3390 ext 815
fax :+54 11 4576 3357
www.df.uba.ar/users/ferraro
e-mail:[email-masked]
skypename:marta.beatriz.ferraro
subscribe ATMOL (LISTA DE LA DIVISION FISICA ATOMICA Y MOLECULAR)
http://www.df.uba.ar/mailman/listinfo/atmol