Subject: [Depfis] "LAPIS 2018 "Cosmology in the era of large surveys"

From: Susana Landau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 09:21:57 -0300

**************************************************
ENGLISH VERSION BELOW
**************************************************

Estimados colegas,

Nos complace anunciar la sexta “La Plata International School on Astronomy
and Geophysics”:

LAPIS 2018: "Cosmology in the era of large surveys".

La Escuela tendrá lugar en la Facultad de Ciencias Astronómicas y
Geofísicas, La Plata, Argentina, del 23 al 27 de Abril
de 2018.

El objetivo de la Escuela es presentar el estado actual de la Cosmología,
discutiendo los últimos avances tanto desde el
punto de vista teórico como observacional. Las clases estarán dadas por
expertos internacionales y el programa incluye
sesiones opcionales de ejercicios para estudiantes. Está dirigida a
estudiantes de doctorado y jóvenes investigadores. El
idioma oficial de la Escuela será el Inglés.

La inscripción es online y estará abierta hasta el 1 de Marzo de 2018. Más
información en:
http://lapis2018.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/index.html

La lista de temas y profesores de la Escuela incluye:

Inflation/Early Universe (Matías Zaldarriaga)
Cosmology with galaxy clusters / Foregrounds for B-modes (José Alberto
Rubiño-Martín)
BAO measurements and redshift space distortions (Ariel Sánchez)
Large scale structures with Lyman-alpha forests (Julián Bautista)
N-body simulations (Raúl Angulo)
Dark Matter (Fabio Iocco)
CMB polarization experiments (Jean-Christophe Hamilton)
Statistical analysis of cosmological datasets (Claudia Scóccola)
Non-standard Cosmology (Susana Landau)
Modified Gravity (Santiago Perez-Bergliaffa)
Formation and evolution of Galaxies (Cecilia Scannapieco)

Agradecemos si pueden dar amplia difusión a este anuncio en sus Institutos
y Universidades, y compartirlo con sus
estudiantes.

Saludos cordiales,

Claudia Scóccola
Presidente del Comité Organizador
LAPIS 2018: "Cosmology in the era of large surveys"
[email-masked]

***************************************************

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the sixth La Plata International School on
Astronomy and Geophysics: LAPIS 2018: "Cosmology in
the era of large surveys".

The School will take place at the La Plata Astronomical Observatory, La
Plata, Argentina, during 23-27 April 2018.

The purpose of this School is to present the state-of-the-art in Cosmology,
discussing the latest developments from both
theoretical and observational points of view. Lectures will be given by
international experts and the programme includes
optional lab sessions for students. It is intended for graduate students,
as well as junior researchers. The official
language of the School is English.

The online registration is open until March 1, 2018.  More information at:
http://lapis2018.fcaglp.unlp.edu.ar/index.html

Topics and Lecturers include:

Inflation/Early Universe (Matías Zaldarriaga)
Cosmology with galaxy clusters / Foregrounds for B-modes ( José Alberto
Rubiño-Martín)
BAO measurements and redshift space distortions (Ariel Sánchez)
Large scale structures with Lyman-alpha forests (Julián Bautista)
N-body simulations (Raúl Angulo)
Dark Matter (Fabio Iocco)
CMB polarization experiments (Jean-Christophe Hamilton)
Statistical analysis of cosmological datasets (Claudia Scóccola)
Non-standard Cosmology (Susana Landau)
Modified Gravity (Santiago Perez-Bergliaffa)
Formation and evolution of Galaxies (Cecilia Scannapieco)

We would be grateful if you could circulate this announcement in your
Institutes and share it with your students.

With best regards,

Claudia Scóccola
Chair of the Organizing Committee
LAPIS 2018: "Cosmology in the era of large surveys"
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>